Monday, June 21, 2010

Field Response Journal, Part I

Question 8: A Token Economy is a technique in which desired behaviors are reinforced by a token that learners can use to "purchase" a variety of other enforcers. The way that i see using this in my dacne class is that the main points in my dance class is participation points. So being in class is very important and there is no way to make up points if you miss a day of class. You lose those participation points for that day. So I would have coupons that I would reward the students for being on time to class, for being the first one in their dance clothes, or even just having a good attitude. This way they can use these coupons to buy back thier participation points if they have to miss class, or they just don't receive thier full points one day. If the student is using to get points for a day they missed it has to be excused, (they cant just miss to miss). and there will be a max of how may points that they can buy back. This is something that I wish my dance compnay teacher would have done. Somedays you have to miss or you are sick, and that can bring your grade down lower then you would like. I think that having a token in a positive way will allow the students to act in good behavior. The students also be learning in a positive environment, and be able to succeed in what they need to be learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment